Monday, April 6, 2009

Aromatic Bliss Pt 3


Hello lovely friends. What a rewarding weekend. I was the guest on a one hour local Christian TV program Saturday. They named the interview Carmen Abercrombie's Scentimental Journey. It was the first time I was able to tell my life's story on camera, and it felt real good. It's something when I think of how only a few months ago I was too physically challenged to ever consider being on film. I'll tell you more about it later. But now I would like to continue on the subject of Aromatherapy.

NOT JUST ANY OIL WILL DO: There is a great difference between fragrance or perfume oils and essential oils. All fragrances transmit through our olfactory bulb to our limbic system (the part of our brain that controls memory and emotional response). However only 100% pure Aromatherapy grade essential oils have the God-given ability to trigger the body's natural healing process by stimulating the flow of blood and lymph fluid. Essential oils harnesses the life force of certain plants, woods and resins which trigger restoration and harmony of our physical body and mind, will and emotions (our body - soul systems). Breathe in the essential oils distilled from the marjoram plant and you may experience a bit of euphoria. Feel the cobwebs wash away as stimulating peppermint and rosemary oils clear and refresh your mind. This is what I call “True Aromatherapy”. Aromatherapy beautifies as essential oils are quickly absorbed and can penetrate the skin easily. As an esthetician I love creating beautiful customized treatments for soul-soothing, de-toxifying facials.

HOW DOES IT WORK: You can feel the therapeutic effects of essential oils by simply inhaling the vapors which are composed of tiny living plant molecules. Their aroma molecules are translated into a signal by the receptor cells with in the nasal cavity. This signal is sent to the olfactory bulb and then on to the limbic part of the brain. It is believed that the essential oil aroma activates the “pharmacy” within our brains which are our neurochemicals such as serotonin and endorphins. The neurochemicals have there own special language which our brain uses to communicate with our mind-body systems. Pain relief and other physical effects are also experienced when neurochemicals are released. Don't forget to visit me at www.AScentimentalJourney.com for all of your aromatic needs. I can't wait to get into my delicious "Bliss Baths" recipes tomorrow, so stay tuned.
Have an amazing week. Blissful Blessings, Carmen

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your comment. My friend used essential oils along with more traditional methods to work through her cervical cancer. I hope to hear your story too!
    Blessings, Healing and Happy Easter!
    Kringle

    ReplyDelete