Monday, April 26, 2010

Transformed By The Renewing of The Heart


Hello family, happy Monday. This post is close to my heart. Not only because it is a teaching on heart issues, but because I originally wrote it for myself. I was going through extreme warfare in my marriage. God lead me to the following scriptures which I used as a two headed sword to win the war and save my beautiful marriage.
You can use the same scriptures to win any battle that deals with conflict, anger or the extreme frustration someone has caused you to feel. Remember we do not fight against flesh and blood, but rather demon spirits that are working through others. We do not want to vibrate with conflict and discord by retaliating with negative words, feelings and action... no no. The power is in the spirit not the flesh. And the power is LOVE.
Meditate on these scriptures day and night. They will uproot bitterness and unforgiveness. God sees our heart, ("The heart of man is the candle (light) of God") which is why we must come to Him with a forgiving heart, and until we do, we will not see a breakthrough. Please understand that there will be no change until you change your heart. Changing your words will help change your heart and vice-a-versa because "Out of the abundance the heart the mouth speaketh."

I Corinthians 13:1-10 "Though I speak with the tongues of men and angels, but have not love I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understanding all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I can remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And thought I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and give my body to be burned it profits me nothing. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up. Does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, Is Not Provoked, Thinks No Evil. Does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; Love bears all things believes all things, hopes all things endures all things. LOVE NEVER FAILS."

II Corinthians 4:13-14 "And since we have the same spirit of faith according to what is written, I believed and therefore I spoke,” we believe and therefore we speak, Knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus."

II Corinthians 4:17-18 "For our light affections, which is but just for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of Glory, while we do not look at things that are seen, but at the things which are no seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things that were not seen are eternal."

Psalms 55:17-18 "Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and my God will shall hear my voice. He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me, for there were many against me."

Psalms 56:4 "In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can man,(Satan’s devices) do to me?"

Romans 15:5-6 /13 "Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus. That you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. 13 Now may the God of hope will you with all the joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

I Corinthians 7:3/5 "Let the husband render to his wife the affection due to her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. 5 Do not deprive one another except with consent for time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and praying; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you for lack of self-control."

Romans 12:10-14/ 17-21 "Be kindly affectionate to one another, in honor giving preference to one another; Not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit serving the Lord. Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; Distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 17 Repay no one evil for evil. As much as depends on you , live peaceably with all men. Beloved, DO NOT AVENGE YOURSELVES, for it is written “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay”. says the Lord. Therefore if your enemy hungers, feed him; if he thirsts, give him a drink; for so doing you will heap coals on his head.” DO NOT become over come by evil but over come evil with good."

Finally my sisters and brothers remember that hurting people hurt people. Let God heal your hurt so that you may show love and compassion to those who have hurt you. And soon you will find that you don't hurt as easily and that others will be more loving, at least to you. With faith you can literally LOVE your way out of any relationship problem. In the mean time remember Psalms 55:22... "Cast your burdens on the Lord, and He Shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved." And I Corinthians 10:13/24 "No temptation or test has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able , but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 24 Let no one seek his own but each other’s well-being."

With Much Love,
Carmen

P.S. Please leave me your comments. I want to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome scriptures! A much needed word for our married couples. Some of us need a "heart transplant" from our Father in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Thank you so much, Carmen. We are interestingly in sync, once again. I am going through a difficult battle with my daughter's father. It has been escalating for some time now...and we will be returning to court next week. I have been literally sleeping with my bible next to me. I think this is God's way of once again, pressing me ...to give more; to change and trust. This post could not come at a better time. I have been thinking that this is a battle of spirit between us...and I have been asking God to step in, because I feel we have exhausted all possibilities. I am going to print these verses and meditate on them each night. Thanks you again.

    ReplyDelete